We had a really nice week as a family. Not only is it still summer vacation (which means no school), but we made some nice family memories. We reconnected with a blast from the past... a.k.a. Tony LeBron. It was fun hanging out and spending time with him. Of course, the kids were all over him like white on rice. I'm sure a little (or a lot) overwhelming for a single guy. But hey, that's how we roll. Then we went and saw him perform at "The Singing Flag" in Concord. Awesome show, awesome voice, awesome person. So that was really great. Although I wasn't okay with Emma wanting the scoop on if he was married or not. She's also writing a song for him. The lyrics go a little something like this.... "You're the flower that I smell." Yeah, I know.... I'm still trying to process it too. I can't wait to use that as blackmail one day!! And yesterday it was off to a Giants/Cubs game. Yes, the Giants SPANKED the Cubs and we got to watch! It was so fun! AT&T Park is the #1 rated ball park and it's so obvious why. We had fun doing the giant Coke guzzler slide, buying foam fingers and tormenting those around us with those foam fingers and of course just exploring the park with the kids. We didn't make it to the batting cages. Next time. We had great seats too! So, all in all the week improved drastically. We started out as a bunch of sickos.... and now, everyone is better and just exhausted from having fun!
Friday, July 4, 2008
Yay Giants!! Yay Us!!
We had a really nice week as a family. Not only is it still summer vacation (which means no school), but we made some nice family memories. We reconnected with a blast from the past... a.k.a. Tony LeBron. It was fun hanging out and spending time with him. Of course, the kids were all over him like white on rice. I'm sure a little (or a lot) overwhelming for a single guy. But hey, that's how we roll. Then we went and saw him perform at "The Singing Flag" in Concord. Awesome show, awesome voice, awesome person. So that was really great. Although I wasn't okay with Emma wanting the scoop on if he was married or not. She's also writing a song for him. The lyrics go a little something like this.... "You're the flower that I smell." Yeah, I know.... I'm still trying to process it too. I can't wait to use that as blackmail one day!! And yesterday it was off to a Giants/Cubs game. Yes, the Giants SPANKED the Cubs and we got to watch! It was so fun! AT&T Park is the #1 rated ball park and it's so obvious why. We had fun doing the giant Coke guzzler slide, buying foam fingers and tormenting those around us with those foam fingers and of course just exploring the park with the kids. We didn't make it to the batting cages. Next time. We had great seats too! So, all in all the week improved drastically. We started out as a bunch of sickos.... and now, everyone is better and just exhausted from having fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like a great time! You guys deserve them. Glad you are all feeling better.
You are the flower I smell? Oh my!
The sf giants and giant fingers....how can you beat that?
Post a Comment