In the words of a dear friend, "They'll never let Rancho Solano burn down." Well, well, well... what do we have here? A FIRE IN RANCHO. RIGHT BY MY HOUSE. Hmmm. Imagine that. I'm ready for the rainy season. But thankfully no houses were burned and it was wrapped up pretty quickly. Joy and I did the Kiefer family proud by laughing and cracking jokes at inappropriate times during our ordeal. We also made sure to capture a shot with her giving a double thumbs up that my house was still there (it's the one with the white picket fence in the background). I don't think anyone else found us amusing. And for the record... I have GREAT friends who were so concerned about our safety and called to check on us! I felt so loved! Thank you... all three of you.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Too Close for Comfort
In the words of a dear friend, "They'll never let Rancho Solano burn down." Well, well, well... what do we have here? A FIRE IN RANCHO. RIGHT BY MY HOUSE. Hmmm. Imagine that. I'm ready for the rainy season. But thankfully no houses were burned and it was wrapped up pretty quickly. Joy and I did the Kiefer family proud by laughing and cracking jokes at inappropriate times during our ordeal. We also made sure to capture a shot with her giving a double thumbs up that my house was still there (it's the one with the white picket fence in the background). I don't think anyone else found us amusing. And for the record... I have GREAT friends who were so concerned about our safety and called to check on us! I felt so loved! Thank you... all three of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
I think The Trammps in the 70s sang it best:
Two mass fires, yes! One hundred stories high
People gettin' loose y’all gettin' down on the roof - Do you hear?
(the folks are flaming) Folks were screamin' - out of control
It was so entertainin' - when the boogie started to explode
I heard somebody say
Burn baby burn! - Disco inferno!
Burn baby burn! - Burn that mama down
Seriously babe? You're scary. (and old)
WoW . . . That is way to close for comfort!!! Like us and the moose, except we were in the car!!!!! At least you know how to make the best of any situation, have fun and annoy the neighbors at the same time - now that's talent!!!!
Pastor Steve.... don't give up the day job!
I'm sorry! Jeramy told me about the fire when he got home and told me that you guys were fine.
But, just think of all the pretty green thats going to grow in soon! And charred hills don't burn so well so your safer now.
Listen. I didn't call because I don't want to get in the way of your "family" time. I keep singing to myself,
"make new friends, but keep the old.
one is silver and the other's....
gold."
I never get to the end of the song without crying.
I realize I'm silver.
Sharon you are GOLD!!!! Don't let Jeramy cause you to doubt my love for you. You'll NEVER be silver to me. NEVER! Thanks for the laugh though. You one-upped me yet again.
why do i always get blamed? even when i didn't do anything?
Because you ARE always doing something.... but you just try to act innocent. It's how you roll. But that's okay. We love you just the way you are.
I'm angry with you that you were takin pics of a fire near your house.. Im glad you guys are okay!!
I had no clue? Sorry I thought I smelled smoke but wasn't sure... I wouldn't have seen it on the news because I hardly watched TV before so now that I'm blogging there is NO time for TV... So sorry... If it makes you feel better tonight is $1 scoop night at Baskin Robins?! Ice cream makes everything better... :-)
Sorry, hon, I had no idea there were even any fires today! I'm so glad ya'll are ok, and Sharon is right (it occasionally happens), most of the fuel near you burned up so really the scary fire actually made you much safer.
wow!! so scary!! glad you are safe!!
Beck Beck...
Michelle was safe! and far away for harm. She just has a super cool new camera with a fat (or should I say, Phat) lens!
Ask her how she scored that someday!
GASP!!! (j - can you help me with how I should spell a gasp please?) Sharon Sossaman! You are punishing me for circumstances that are OUT OF MY CONTROL!!! I know what you're doing little miss thing.
It was pretty scary to have my bosses boss come up tp me and tell me I couldn't go home because the parkway was closed!! Thought about you guys right away!
It was fun see over 30 HOT firemen on the hill!!! Sorry you had to endure the scaryness and I got to have a little eye candy!!
Please post something new... (sigh...)
Post a Comment