Thursday, May 29, 2008

Happy and Sad


















So today is a great day for me! I got my new camera!! I'm so very, very thrilled! I waited and waited ALL DAY for the UPS man to get here. Finally I decided to nap, just for a minute and Steve yelled "they're here, they're here!" The dogs and the kids went wild. I'm sure they scared the delivery man half to death. So I texted Sharon immediately and she rushed over to give me my first lesson. OH MY GOODNESS --- I'M NOT WORTHY! This camera is going to be so much fun. And I'm so grateful to have the talent, skills, wisdom and patience of Mrs. Sossaman to guide me every step of the way. Thanks girlfriend. Anyway, we went outside to start playing with it and to take some pictures. After about five minutes of that we were interrupted by hair raising screams. Lily fell so hard in the neighbors driveway. I mean - her face broke her fall. I could see as I was running toward her that there was a big gap in her mouth that wasn't there before. Now, let me explain. Lily got her first loose tooth last week and I thought I would die at the thought of her losing a tooth. This is my baby!!! She can't start losing teeth. I'm not ready for this. Anyway, what I saw was that it wasn't even her loose tooth that was gone it was the one above it. She busted herself up pretty good. So sad. But she's a trooper. Again, thank goodness Sharon was here because I was pretty much a spaz. So... my happy and sad day. I got my fancy pants camera and my baby is officially not a baby anymore. I don't know how to process all these emotions... oh wait.... maybe I'll just go take some more pictures. That'll make me feel better.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe you could glue it back in... If I were you I'd give it a try!

Congrats on your new camera... I think you need a nice vacation with some beautiful scenery to break it in don't you?!!! Let me know if you need any suggestions!

Unknown said...

oh no Little...Is she okay? Does she need to go to the dentist or did the tooth come right out? I can't believe she lost a tooth (even if it was a little unconventional). She was so excited last weekend saying "CC wiggle my loose tooth" lol. She is so cute.

Sharon said...

I am so happy and sad for you...

Your camera is awesome!!! And your pictures are stunning! I can't wait for a photo play date!

The kids started talking about Lili's tooth in the car and I started crying. I'm totally traumatized now.

Chelle said...

Thanks for crying Sharon. You had to be strong in the moment... because I was falling apart. And don't feel bad... I bawled last night after Lily fell asleep.

jeramy sossaman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jeramy sossaman said...

"....I told her she shouldn't have been running..." - MR

Chelle said...

Oh snap. You went there Jeramy. It's okay though. All is forgiven.

jeramy sossaman said...

(sigh)...:-(

Sharon said...

Compassion and empathy... don't fall under M.R's spiritual gifts.

She'll learn. Trust me. She'll learn.

Anonymous said...

Leave it to Lilikins to do something with drama and style.

Have fun with the new camera.

Nicholle said...

Hey Chelle Chelle,
Congrats on the new camera! It is sooooo cool!!

I found your cool blog on Heather's new blog! Fun fun! I love the way you write. I found myself smiling reading them all. Love your stories!

Chelle said...

Thanks Nicky! You're so sweet!

Anonymous said...

How exciting for Lily now that the trauma is over. Now she's in the big girl world. It's ok mommy, be strong. TRUST ME when I say EVERY phase is wonderful! I hope the tooth fairy was good to her! Tell her Aunt Joy loves her and is proud she was so brave.