Friday, May 9, 2008

Sam is Undefeated


Sam has been BEGGING to play baseball for two years. We finally signed him up this season. 14 games later the Twins are undefeated! It's UNREAL! I have to say that Sam has always been a humble, laid-back kid. But the dude is starting to get a little cocky! Yes - I said it. It's true. They normally win by several runs. I'm talking like 10 or 12 runs. But tonight it was back and forth the entire game. We pulled it out though. 23 - 18. I have to say I've been fairly mellow all season (if I do say so myself). Just trying to be low key. But tonight I was STRESSED OUT! It's great to see Sam finding his niche. He absolutely loves the game. He's turning into a young man right before my very eyes. I hate it and I love it. Of course, the kid is surrounded by women 90% of the time. So it's great to see him being a boy.
He's made some great plays this season. Tonight he made a great catch at first base. He also made an insane double play early in the season. Steve is pitching for the team, so that's fun too. When Sam's out of line Steve can just nail him with the ball. (kidding) Great times. Great memories being made.

7 comments:

Tom said...

Great to read!

We'll be watching for future newsworthy items (and adding our own).

Sharon said...

I don't know how I feel about Sam being a star ball player... Girls love baseball players! It's a good thing he has so many girls around him at all times!

Unknown said...

Sam is just too sexy!!! Oh and I love the Kiefer= TOMFOOLERY!!! haha. It's my favorite work now

Anonymous said...

Soooo excited for Sam!! Wish we could see him play. You are right in the middle of some GREAT years. And I hear what you're saying...mom's go through growing pains too.

Unknown said...

Yes the old man figured out how to open the blog. So while I am here I might as well make a comment. Go Sam you are the bomb. You are bringing back old memories for Doodad. It is fun watching your skills get better and better as well as even umpiring a game or too. Thanks for letting me be a part of it all. Go Twins. I love you Doodad.

jeramy sossaman said...

so you started a blog....let's just see if you can keep it up....huh?

Tom said...

If the Sudafed works, use it.

Tom