Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Strong 5


I love my husband to pieces. I really do. But last night he did the funniest thing. Well, not so funny at the time -- but very funny today. He came in the room looking very serious telling me that he was in a lot of pain. He kept stressing how much pain. I was asking him questions, trying to get as much information as I could from him. He kept telling me he thought it was his appendix. He said, "I just want you to know that I'm in distress. So if I wake you up in the middle of the night needing to go to the hospital just tell them it's my appendix." Of course I was completely freaked out, wondering if I should take him right then. He assured me that he wanted to ride it out for awhile. I asked him "on a scale from 1 - 10 what is your pain level?" His response (in a very serious, dramatic tone) "a strong 5." I told him to take some ibuprofen and lay down for a bit. He seemed to sleep well through the night so I didn't bother him. This morning when he woke up I asked him how he was feeling. He was fine. Completely fine. He pulled a muscle in his side. Seriously. And you people think I'M the dramatic one. Come on. Did I mention that I adore that man of mine? Because I do.

By the way, this photo is not with my new camera.

15 comments:

jeramy sossaman said...

I CAN NOT BELIEVE you are blogging about this! He's doing the best he can. Don't make fun. At least he's giving his all....

Chelle said...

LEAVE IT Jeramy. LEAVE IT. He gave me permission... it's vague. And still hilarious!

jeramy sossaman said...

hrreerrr....hrrreerrrr....hrreeerrrr

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that Steve was so heartless... I mean really... what did you do to deserve such a prank???... Of course with Jeramy's comments I figure I'm missing half the story... but that's okay... It's still a bit 'heart warming' everytime I hear of someone getting you back for all the pranks you pull! Love your spunk girl!

Sharon said...

Poor Steve... He'd better take it easy for a few weeks. I'd say about 3 weeks and 2 days.

Cheryl... check my blog in bit.

jeramy sossaman said...

you guys get off steve....except you michelle.

Chelle said...

Nuh-uh!!!!

jeramy sossaman said...

whatever!

Anonymous said...

Seriously. It hurt so bad. All I could do was lay there saying, "hrreerrr....hrrreerrrr....hrreeerrrr!"

jeramy sossaman said...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen brother!

Sharon said...

Jane what's to know why I'm laughing...

Anonymous said...

And here I thought this was a family blog!

james said...

wow id love to pull a muscle...

Sharon said...

Gena?

Anonymous said...

Boy, those Kiefer men are JUST ALIKE. Remind me to tell you the story of when his brother 'pulled a muscle' in his neck. Needed to go to the hospital but didn't for fear of having to explain what he was doing!!! It's ok old man...we still love you! I'm sure this month will go by in a flash.