
What a great weekend! Lots of relaxing, tons of friends and family, hundreds of laughs, well-behaved kids... and the list goes on and on. It's rare that we get an entire weekend to just hang out. But that was what this weekend was for us, so we took full advantage of it. It started off with a bang. James "Tumble" Mitchell rolled out my back door and skinned his knee. I tried to get a picture of it but just wasn't slick enough. Maybe if I ask nicely he'll send one before it heals up. Somewhere in the middle was way too much food. But I did make time for some work. I did some marriage counseling, I also negotiated some contracts --- OH and lest I forget, I also helped Drick do some house hunting up the road in Rancho. And in case your mother didn't teach you this -- allow me. Hard work pays off people. I was able to order my new camera. It will be here THIS THURSDAY!! And I'm so happy for Sharon too. She's getting her new lens (you're welcome J and Sharon - you're welcome). We all HATED to say goodbye to James, Gena and Anni. They are definitely part of our California family now! We shed some tears and waved to them as they drove off -- but we're so thankful for the time we shared with them. And we're trusting that they'll be back soon. OH - and Sierra, I'm proud of you. You're getting brave, branching out and growing up right before my very eyes. Keep up the good work.
Thanks Sharon for the great photo of our crazy group. Next time you need to bring your tripod so you can be in it with us!!

8 comments:
sounds like a great time and looks like you have such a fun group of people to hang with!! we had a good day too...i just posted mine. :)
wow....what can i say? thanks so much for your "marriage counseling". I mean...seriously, this has got to be one of the most anticipated upcoming four weeks in my 10 years of marriage....money well spent if i do say so myself...and the lense is great too! i'm so happy about your camera....steve is ecstatic....understandably so. how convenient that you'll have your camera in the upcoming days/weeks. i'm sure you'll put it to good use....hrrerrr, hrrrerrrr...(the smoking loon sound effect.)
boy this was dangerous writing this blog post.
Don't threaten me Mr. Sossaman
Well saturday was nowhere near as cool as sunday because I wasn't there. I got the party with me. Although my gimpiness seemed to be an impediment it did keep me out of some sketchiness that might have escalated my level of trauma so that's a plus. But let's be clear, ya'll need to help me find a good husband so I can relate a little better instead of being traumatized!
um...the photo kinda leaves an outsider speechless...Steve, if you ever need some "real people" give us a call!...Oh and Derek...you may have looked 'real' but I know you're just as looney as the rest of them... Love you guys!
I didn't realize that Steve walked around with his "funny face" on all the time...
"And in case your mother didn't teach you this -- allow me. Hard work pays off people."
is that what you're going to teach YOUR kids?! you should be ashamed.
After the stories I heard, I'm suppose to believe you were only drinking Welch juice. RIIGGHTTTTT!
Post a Comment