Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sam Won the Championship!!!!






He did it!!! He did it!!! Actually, the Twins did it! They worked together as a team and won the championship! An entire season undefeated. Unreal. In thinking about the many "moments" we've experienced during our first baseball season, it's just amazing to me the range of emotions we've gone through. I had no idea how hard it would be to sit on the sidelines as a parent. It's so stinkin' hard! And to attempt to set a good example for your children in the heat of the moment... wow! That's a really tough one. But the lessons God teaches us through our children never cease to amaze me. They are endless.

I have to say though, that I have felt so strongly that God has been doing some specific things for Sam through all of this. I've seen his character grow and develop over this season, I've seen him kind of "come into his own" as a young boy, I've seen him become more secure with who he is and also in his relationship with his dad. So many things... not to mention all the memories we've made together as a family.

This may seem a little random, but I've been thinking that so many years ago when we first started doing foster care and adoption there were tons of "doubters." They always approached us with the "what ifs." "What if" this happens, "what if" that happens, "what if," "what if," "what if?" I never doubted God for even a second that He would supply anything that we lacked. That He would create unbreakable bonds... regardless of DNA or matching blood types. And once again, He's proven Himself faithful and true. Even through something as trivial as little league baseball, He's given life-long memories and deepened the bonds of a father and son. I know that Sam will never forget these moments and I feel so incredibly humbled and eternally grateful that God felt that we deserved the privilege of being Sam's parents.

So right this minute, as Sam just ran by me (having no idea that I'm blogging about him) and he says, "Mom, these are my very first two trophies ever for baseball!" And then starts dancing and chanting, "Yay for me! Yay for me!" We as a family celebrate Sam and the gift that he is to each of us! You're right Sam! "Yay for you! Yay for you!"

9 comments:

Unknown said...

okay...so I am crying after reading that!

Unknown said...

Me too... where's the kleenex?

Congrats & Well Done Sam... and mom, it is tough to sit in the bleachers sometimes. I'm glad you had an amazing season!

Stephanie Karnes said...

YEAH for SAM!!!! I'm so happy for him and Steve and the team!! So fun!! What a great blog...you two are amazing parents.

jeramy sossaman said...

it's such a neat thing...moving to that next phase of life....out of diapers and on into cleats!

Unknown said...

That's right Jeremy... and the cleats are almost as expensive as the diapers, and when you have 'two in cleats...' man it hurts! Or 4..... Aren't kids great though!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of all of you! The Kiefer family rocks!!! Yay for Sam I Am!

Anonymous said...

That boy of mine ROCKS! I'm proud of you son.

james said...

Im so happy for Sam. Did he sing the Indiana Jones song while he was winning? Beautiful thought Chelle and so true. You are a better man than me... I would be yelling and making Anni so embarrassed from my perch in the stands.

Natalie said...

Wow, Michelle I just read this and the date today is July 17. But hey Im new to the blog world so there. Im getting emotional... I usually dont... Yay for Sam... You wrote this SO beautifully