Friday, June 27, 2008

"I love Mary a little bit more"


Last night at dinner we were sitting at the table having extremely interesting conversation, as usual. That's not a hard thing to accomplish with four Kiefer kids at the same table. Then, out of the blue Lily just reaches over and loops her arm through mine. She squeezed me so tight. I looked down and she was smiling up at me and being so loving. She said, "Mama, I love you so much!" And of course I replied, "Well, I love you so much too, baby." And then she said, "But I love you gooder. I love you gooder than everyone. Well, almost everyone. I love Mary gooder than you. I love Mary just a little bit more." I was shocked and asked "Mary who?" To which Lily replied, "You know, Mary, God's mom."

6 comments:

Gena said...

That lilikins is priceless!

Sharon said...

Have you been taking her to Catechism again?

james said...

Hail Mary! is she Catholic now??

Lauren said...

Too cute! But keep an eye out for Mary figurines, the ones on LOST were filled with drugs.

jeramy sossaman said...

i'll get you a crucifix for your birthday!

Unknown said...

To sweet - what a heart for God she already has - love her to pieces!