Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"It's Always Abigail"



We seem to say that a lot... "It's always Abigail" or "It's Abi... again." But the truth is, that is all part of Abi's charm. She doesn't wait for life to happen. She makes it happen. She refuses to sit by and even possibly allow a dull moment to happen in the Kiefer house. She's just not willing to risk letting even one minute be boring or dull. It's her job to keep things alive and vibrant in our family. And boy does she know how to do her job well.


Last night, on the way to Sam's game, Abi had another "Abi" moment. She punched herself in the face so hard that she knocked her own tooth out. A tooth that was not even slightly loose. Yes, you read that correctly. She punched herself in the face so hard that she knocked her own tooth out. Again, why wait for the bully on the playground to do it for you, when you are fully capable of doing it yourself. (This is her philosophy - not mine) As she was attempting to pull the wheel out of her Heely, her hands came at her faster than she could duck out of the way. Poor thing. Of course, she originally told me that she "somehow" hit her mouth on this tiny little piece of metal on the back of the seat in Steve's car. I knew this simply could not be true. So after some questioning, we got to the "root" of the matter - if you will. The funny thing is that she didn't even lie about it because she was embarrassed. She just didn't want to get in trouble for punching herself in the mouth. Hilarious!! All is well though. She's just fine. We took another emergency trip to the dentist this morning for more x-rays. I was so concerned that they were going to wonder why I had two children in one week knock their own teeth out. But no one in the dentists' office seemed to give it a second thought. Then again... they know Lily and Abi pretty well.


So, here's to living life large... like Abi! Even at the risk of knocking your own teeth out.

10 comments:

jeramy sossaman said...

wow...i'm impressed....you are really improving in the blog write. nice wrap up at the end...well done....i was interetsed all the way to the end.

Sharon said...

He really does love you...

Abi.
(can you see my head shacking ever so slightly? ((sigh)))

Chelle said...

I'm glad to know all my other blogs bored you to death Jeramy. Thanks for the ego boost.

Stephanie Karnes said...

HOLY COW!! There is never a dull moment in your house!! So, it really doesn't get easier as they get older, huh! Everyone has been lying to me!! :)
Sounds like you have some great kids!! You & your friends above crack me up with all your comments!!

Anonymous said...

Are you absolutely certain Abi is the one who threw the punch Chelle?

And I will have to say, I have enjoyed all of your blogs, even if weighbor J didn't.

Chelle said...

Yeah Steph... my "friends" have issues. And thanks Gena for the blog love.

Lauren said...

Seriously, last night I thought you were talking about lily I can't believe they both knocked teeth out in such a short span... Scratch that, it is pretty believable.

james said...

Im there for you Michelle, I cant believe tha lack of support you get in here. Its disgusting.

Chelle said...

Thanks James... or should I call you "Mr. Funny Man?" I appreciate your support.

Natalie said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I love Abi!!! I am so sad that she thought she would get in trouble for accidentally knocking her own tooth out!!! HA! HA!
Poor girl... I love her spunk!!! Your family just wouldnt be the same without her!