Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Why?



Why when I make a pound cake from scratch does Sam "sneak" in and with his hand, dig out a huge chunk ---- THEN attempt to put the lid back on the cake platter and think that I won't notice???? Why? Why don't boys understand that presentation is ALMOST more important than how good something actually tastes? But this "takes the cake".... if you will...

I said, "Sam, why did you do that? And did you think Mommy wouldn't notice?" Sam replied, "Oh, I didn't think that far ahead. I guess I really didn't think it through very well. I just wanted some cake."

Wow.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome...Aw I love Sam. Atleast he was honest!

drick said...

correction. the taste of something is FAR GREATER than the appearance... to try to teach us otherwise is futile.

you should take it as a compliment that, rather than take the time to break out a knife and a plate, he dug his filthy bare paws into that cake.

and i was there i'd do the same... i'm just sayin'...

Gena said...

Haha ahahahahahahahahah!!! I love it!

You know you should take it as a compliment. If he just couldn't wait to "think it through"! One day he'll rave to his friends about his moms pound cake and you will beam with pride(even though its his aunt Gena's recipe...but I'll never tell!)

jeramy sossaman said...

let me explain something to you if you didn't already know. (are you ready for this one...brace yourself).

1. boys don't think like girls.
2. presentation means nothing....i can site several examples of this where the end enjoyment far exceeds the "packaging" but i won't because this is a family show.
3. boy's don't put much in front of their own enjoyment. it's tough. we try to fight it...at least as much as we're required to.
4. i can't totally relate to the love of the pound cake because sharon was given strict orders not to share....so....i guess i'll just have to ask sam about it later.

done.

Anonymous said...

After reading Jeramy's comment I lost my thought...

Pastor's Perspective said...

That's my boy!

jeramy sossaman said...

babe! kidding, kidding....

Natalie said...

THIS IS THE BEST!!! His answer is CLASSIC!!! HE just wanted some cake!!! What's the big deal???
I could not agree with you more about presentation! You nailed it sista!!! (-:

Natalie said...

Oh, J, thanks for all of that insight...

Shan-Marie said...

Sounds about right...

james said...

There is a song out in radio world titled "thats the truth about men" the chorus includes the words WE AINT WRONG...WE AINT SORRY ...AND IT'S PROBLY GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN!!!

Men unite CAKE FOR ALL!!! GO SAM!!!

Anonymous said...

MEN!

Chelle said...

NO MORE CAKE FOR ANY OF YOU.

Chelle said...

Leave it.

jeramy sossaman said...

what if i want my cake and eat it too?

Chelle said...

You just don't learn, do you?

james said...

I do LOVE pound cakes!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, if this cake is that good that Sam has to dig his little hands into it... you better bring the recipe to Florida and make it for all of us... NO forks required!

jeramy sossaman said...

thanks julie! you turned it around. how's the view from the high road?

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jeramy for confirming that this incident can be used as an analogy for males in general.

jeramy sossaman said...

you're welcome.