I had the most interesting conversation with my husband last Friday night at Natalie's house. It went a little something like this....
Steve said to Jeramy, "Michelle doesn't like flowers."
I said, "Yes, I do."
Steve said, "No, you don't."
I said, "Yes, I do."
Steve said (again), "No...... you don't"
I said (AGAIN), "YES...... I do."
Jeramy said, "WOW. This is awkward."
Steve said, "You do? Really?"
I said, "Yes, I do. Really."
End of conversation.
Then... Saturday morning while we were doing our weekend chores.....
Steve said, "Babe, do we have a vase anywhere?"
I said, "Sure. On top of the fridge."
Then when I walked in to the kitchen about 15 minutes later I found Steve making his own flower arrangement for me from roses that he had cut from our rose bushes. Isn't that so sweet?
After 17 years together.... he learned something new about me.... and acted on it!!! Who says you can't teach old dogs new tricks?

12 comments:
Aww... so sweet! He cut them and arranged them... that is very sweet!
(Steve! I told you she likes flowers!)
I think Steve might love you or something!
That is so sweet of him. I wonder if Chris knows that about me?????
Good for you, good for Steve, how is it that a beautiful flower can make the world seem so much better! I'm glad God made flowers.
you're welcome......(could i have said anything else?)
Way to go Steve!!!!! That was really sweet. Both of you are awesome and I am thrilled to see how God is drawing you closer to Him and each other every day.
Okay chelle that definately earned some brownie points!!!!!!
Cha-ching!!!!
Yay for Steve!!! That is SO sweet!!! It is those little things that make life special... This is also funny cause I just had this SAME conversation with BART 2 days ago...
Some dogs just need a little more time to learn new tricks!
(-:
P.S. The arrangement itself is lovely!
aw, yay! flowers are great...i'm quite certain every girl loves receiving them, even if flowers aren't her "thing". my trouble is that since dustin knows i really like yellow roses, that's what i usually get if i ever get them. so for ten years, it's always yellow roses. now don't get me wrong....it's nice and sweet, but come on....ten years and only yellow roses???? let's get creative one time! :) love you guys!
I love it when a plan comes together. Way to go Steve!!! All the roses out here are dead....I wonder if Gena likes dead leaves....hmmmmm
He did a good job!!! That was too sweet!
this has made my day!
seriously.
and check this out
Hosea 2:14-15 in THE MESSAGE.....
my friends keep buying me roses at the moment too!
so sweet!! greg must think i don't like flowers either!! :(
awww, what a romantic brother! Just like his sister!
Post a Comment