It's a sad goodbye to our nieces Brittaney and Michelle. We have had a FANTASTIC week. Tons of laughs, lots of deep, life changing conversation (not really... but we have had some good talks) and a fair amount of craziness. Those girls are LOONey. Tito Derrick and Tita Sierra loved getting to know them better and spoiled them rotten. (Girls - you've got to ease up on the mints. And don't spend that dollar all in one place.) Of course, we had to expose them to the Sossaman family also. J and Sharon ate them up like.... I don't know... pioneer bread. And were even so kind as to let us crash their house after nine on a school night. True friends. I finally drug the girls home around 1:30 am, got them home and tucked them in, nice and cozy in their bunk beds and got myself into bed around 2:00. Those crazy kids. But don't worry Mark (I know you're reading this) and Joy (you are SO hooked on blogging). I had them in bed by nine every other night. Let's see.... what else? Michelle cooked for us twice (when she wasn't too busy double fisting). So yummy! We loved the Canoli's Chelle. And Brit was always busy letting the kids climb on her, brush her hair, read to her or interviewing Chinese immigrants for her documentary.
Seriously, though. I am blessed with such great family and friends. It's been such a nutty summer - but I'm pretty sure we've made some lasting memories. We miss you already girls. Don't forget how fabulous we are. Thanks for all the lessons in "twin power." It's amazing to gain so much understanding on how you feel each other's pain, read each other's minds, and the list goes on and on. Michelle - I love your hair long. And Brittaney - be safe back in New York. See you at the Zichex this November. Freddie's holding your tickets. (I'll be in bed until then).

83 comments:
So why did the Oriental immigrant need to tell me what "Auf Wiedersehen" meant. He said, "your white, shouldn't you already know what that means?" Overall this blog was just aight for me. I have seen and written better while I was not even trying.
Are you serious right now???? Do you want me to sell you out? Because I'll do it. I'll go there. This is real. It's happening.
"Freddie, what the frick!?" Calm down Jane Austen...I was kidding.
good times....so long ladies. :-)
Finally…a title suitable for the Von Trapp family!!! You don’t actually expect me to believe the ‘in bed by nine’ part, do you? WHO drug WHO home around 1:30??? Don’t forget…my girls talk to me. And I see you learned ABSOLUTELY nothing on their (Michelle’s) hatred of ‘twin things’…nice to see you finally can tell them apart. You scored points on that one! And Tito & Tita…how ‘bout renting you some Sound of Music this weekend…you’ll be amazed how the hills will come alive! And thanks for your generosity with my girls!! Really…a dollar?? We still love you all and you're still welcome at our house in November...even though you’re such a LOON!!
i've been weeping while curled up in a fetal position since i got off the plane. but reading this blog was a ray of hope for tomorrow. i will get myself out of bed tomorrow morning with the dream of setting foot on california soil again. it's not goodbye... it's see you later.
Joy ---- HILARIOUS!!!! I'm dying right now. Brit - hang in there mama! You'll make it. I miss you my love bug. J - SERIOUSLY??? Is that all you've got for my precious nieces??? You can do better.
Chelle, you have a lovely family! I feel so blessed to have met them this summer. A bit frightened at times, but blessed all the same.
Just kidding! You Kiefers RAWK!
i've got a river of life flowing out of me.
Makes the lame to walk and the blind to see
Opens prison doors and sets the captives
'Cause i've got a river of life flowing out of me
Spring up O' well..!
I feel like this blog came close to capturing nearly every hilarious thing that happened this week. Although, let's be real, it's hard to keep track there were too many. Seriously Jay, I thought I meant more to you.
Drick - you're dead to me.
J-A-Y --- do you see how you hurt the original Michelle Kiefer??
Sharon - they scare me too! But it was super important to me for you and J to know them. Thanks for tolerating us! LOVE YOU!
OH - and Michelle and Brittaney... you have made me so proud! You not only READ the blog.... you COMMENTED! YAY!!!
Sierra- What is up with you 'rating' posts??? Your cut-throat right now! Im scared! I really don't want to see Michelle sell you out... again. (Remember the whole "Bart-Sports" conversation?)
Michelle- It looks like you guys had a wonderful time although I just find it UNBELIEVABLE that you were up past 7:30 pm... Yeah right.
Tito and Tita??? I also am praying that I didnt see the "Oriental Immigrant" on the last post????
Natalie.... listen up. You DID see some info on an "oriental immigrant" on this post. It's real. It happened. And if you want to know more on Sierra... we can DEFINITELY talk.
Let's do it. Let's talk. This is real. This is happening. ~LOL!
Natalie I only rated it because Michelle texted me some rude things. lol. Also, Michelle called Derrick Oriental first!!!
Sierra, okay... I guess I wasn't being fair... I wasn't getting the full backround of the story. Now I can understand your judgement of the post. I appreciate you clarifying. And for the record, I don't really think I would classify fillipinos as oriental... It just doesn't fit for me. I'm not sure why it just doesn't.
NOW I REMEMBER! I know it doesn't fit!!! Because I spent a lot of time with my fillipino mother-in-law on an airline flight and she told me 'specifically' how to tell "oriental" people apart... It's true. I can now actually pinpoint an exact origin for any "asian" person! No longer will Thai people be confused with people from Hong Kong! There are ways. Secrets. I know them!
(:
lol. That is an inside joke. I know that Filipinos are Pacific Islanders. I also know that people don't use the word Oriental anymore. It was just a joke between us. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Yeah, I think your right... Oriental isn't a common word anymore... Hmmmm. I've never thought of that.
Let's all settle down! It was part of our "movie" the I referenced in the previous post. Natalie and Sierra --- kiss and make up. I would never call anyone oriental (except Drick... who obviously isn't) I'm shocked all this dialogue was going on while I was sleeping. I'm thankful for the faithful readers though. HA
i can't handle any of you. here's a couple things i noticed from these comments....
first off....some order. this whole medium of communication is called a BLOG.
the individual stories found in this medium of communication are called POSTS.
when people offer their stupid opinions about what was written in a particular POST, those are called COMMENTS.
let's get it straight people. ok....?
now that i got that out of the way....brittaney and michelle....errr....wait....or is it michelle and brittaney. i did have a fantastic time. other then your inability to keep your clothes on at appropriate times....i thought it was a very fun trip. perhaps you two can work on that. also....thur. was a bit late. i understand you guys were having fun on our porch....BUT...keep in mind that some of us have a J-O-B to get back to in the morning. let's just not over do it all the time. ok?
cool...so, other then that. i'm good. i hope this COMMENT about this POST on this BLOG will suffice for some of the naysayers....don't ever say i didn't do anything for ya!
give, give, give....give till it hurts!
Jeramy: Did the loon cause you to hallucinate? I don't remember stripping at any time. I don't want to go all "Grammer Nazi" on you folks (that's normally Brittaney's job) but there are commenters that should learn the difference between "your" and "you're". One's a contraction and one's a possessive.
Oh and btw, this was the best week ever!
deaf ears michelle....don't waste it.
ok....so maybe it wasn't YOU stripping....i just didn't want to through brittaney under the bus alone. geez!
WOW! I don't know what to make of all your hostility J? I'm floored.
no hostility....just education. that's my job, right? don't i know everything about blogs???? shouldn't i share it.
J - I'll email you my response... rather than post it publicly. (oops - did I just misuse the word "post" as it pertains to blogs???)
And I'm serious. I'm emailing you my response right now.
i was addressing sierra.....come down off the ledge.
huuah! - "gasp"
Way to take it public. That's the last time I try to deal with you in private.
And yes I referred to your dictionary for the gasp.
Did I mention we're no longer friends.
omg. Jeramy you are too much for me to handle. You do not need to be correcting us on the use of blog and post. I will definitely be using them incorrectly on purpose from now on.
Oh... and Joy- Michelle Kathleen tells lies. Really we were at the Sossaman's until 2 and didn't get in bed until 2:30. Us, innocent kids were fast asleep on the couch and Michelle Kathleen was hanging out until wee hours of the morning. There was no stripping though. Jeramy tells lies too.
what were you addressing to me Jeramy?
YOU ALL LIE! EVERYONE who KNOWS me KNOWS that I don't stay up after 7:00pm. 8:00 if I'm feeling wild.
obviously, i've struck a nerve with some of these readers.
thou dost protest too much
I'm trying to figure out how I would spell me spitting at you. And by spitting... I don't mean spitting ON you because that would be rude. I mean the sound of like a raspberry.
Can you add that to your dictionary??? Oh - and don't forget to lie about it and say that it was there all along.
Michelle: Lately I have been proud of you lately bc you have been staying up late!
Jeramy: I would also like to know how to spell raspberry in BLOG terms.
37 comments! For real?
38 comments... and I haven't even had a chance to blog about this comment on Michelle's post... did I get that right J?
Wow 39 COMMENTS!!! Can we make it to 40??? This could make "POST" history!
J, I will give you props on the 'blog knowledge' but I just wasn't feeling the breakdown though?!...
Sierra, and Michelle Kathleen, I would NEVER be mad at Sierra! If I could I would shrink her so she could fit in my pocket. Then I could take her with me everywhere I go and she would always have something nice to say to me! (: I love you Sierra!
Awwww! That's a cute visual Natalie. Sierra in your pocket. I like it.
Cheryl ---- you gotta keep up girly!
this has gotten out of hand. i did not strip... did i?
I don't think I will ever fit in anyone's pockets. Love ya too Natalie
Original Michelle: I have no idea what they are talking about either about stripping. I think it is an inside joke or something.
STOP THIS RIDE, I WANNA GET OFF!
44 comments people? REALLY?! ya'll need a support group, that's serious.
btw. this makes 45.
spring up O' well...
I learned along time ago that there is NO way I can keep up with you!!!! Remember... I'm even older than Steve....
Thanks, today for the first time I felt some happiness about spending the summer outside the loop.
Ya'll need to simmer down!
And seriously, I was a retired blogger before J even got that into it, and I say he is full of bologna so don't sweat his blog-speak lectures!
That's old Cheryl. But for the record people.... I have a previous blog with 80-something comments. Now THAT is out of hand.
And Drick, you didn't disappoint. As I was reading your COMMENT (right, J??) I was wondering if you would be so witty as to quote the song. And, then as I scrolled down, I wondered why I ever doubted you in the first place.
Michelle and Brittaney --- J's just trying to tarnish your spotless image. And I'd also like to add "Wwwwhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy, wwwwhhhhhyyyyy?"
I'm gonna be honest I cannot believe this is up to 48!!! So I'm just trying to get it to 50... I don't really have anything to say... It's been a treat!
Wait, Cheryl your not 36??? What??? Your kidding me!!!
You know what people, I cannot wait for you... I'm gonna make this puppy get 50 comments even! If someone else leaves a comment and make it an odd number, I may have an OCD attack!!!
Natalie... I LOVE you!!!!
oops... did I just cause you to have an attack?
Natalie... you are killing me tonight! And thanks Cheryl for tormenting her! I love it!
Why am I up and commenting at 12:54 a.m. you ask???? It's a simple answer... Lily is eating a peanut butter sandwich. Why is she eating a peanut butter sandwich at 12:54 A.M.????? Not such a simple answer.
I'M GONNA PUKE! SERIOUSLY, STOP THE RIDE!
Cheryl I appreciate your affection but YOU did just mess up the count! Now I guess I'm going to have to shoot for 55.? Could we just end it at 55?
PB&J at 1 am??? Wow, Lily must have had a really strong hunger attack that woke right out of her sleep!
(barfing sound effect)
The ride is over! Ending at a nice clean 55 comments! It's been real!
56.
Aaaaaaannnnnnd fif-seven
J: Quick question. Do numbers count as COMMENTS?
I love you for that Sharon. I was going to do it myself but I KNEW I could count on you to pull through for me. And SHOCKER.... Steve backed you up. Imagine that. Kinda reminds me of Apples to Apples.
this is out of control. i try to get away for a nice morning of surf...and i come back to this???? seriously people....do i need to manage everything?
59
I've been waiting.
60
People? Is that it?......................(crickets).......................................Really?...............................(crickets)..............AW SNAP! 61!
FINE THEN!!! 62!!!! WHY MUST YOU TORMENT MY OCD THIS WAY???? What did I ever do to you all??? I am going to exercise my own power and not return to this post! HA! Then I wont know or care what the final comment number is!
Just so you know (for when you look and lie about it Nat).... it's 63.
That hurt... Ouch... You didn't have to put me "on blast" like that...
these comments just won't die will they... they're like roaches.
btw... 66
67 is a good number...the year I was born
I think we should try to make it to 100 comments on this post, just to teach Jeramy not to use our blogs to push his agenda!
68 - only 32 to go!!!!
i heard that cheryl.
LOL....
Oh.... I missed all this. Wow Cheryl - you're on it. Way to keep J in line.
i'm posting a comment JUST to post a comment. these comments got out of hand, and if any one reads this and is wondering the count? including this one?
it's 72.
O U T O F C O N T R O L ! ! ! !
wow j. do you check this regularly? i happened upon it at random yesterday and left the comment, and i was curious to see if anyone has noticed... and here you are...
seventy-four.
#75
i'm just saying...
this is just never going to die is it...
seventy-6
the year i was born....march 4, 19
77!!!!!
you've CLEARLY subscribed to or RSS'd or received emails about when people reply to this string, because that's the only logical reason you respond every time i do...
what? you think you're the only one that's clever and that has a memory? huh?
79
i'm just saying it's a little uncanny that you seem to post minutes after i do. and you're very internet savvy, so you subcribing to an RSS or something of that nature is not at all surprising. you're always ahead of the game.
don't hate the player, hate the game!
81
wrapping up the year with 82!
i guess i'm the winner. i declare it. 83
Post a Comment