Friday, October 31, 2008

I'm Back!!! Happy Halloween!






Well, well, well. What have we here? A new post? Why, yes.... a new post! Sorry for my absence. Life has been busy... but I'm well aware that is no excuse.

At this point I'm slightly overwhelmed and not quite certain where to start. So I thought I'd start with tonight. HALLOWEEN! Then I'll fill you in on the last several weeks over the course of the next few days. Sound good? Here we go.

So, for those of you who are tight with my kids, you know they are slightly insane. In a nutshell, they seem to be getting more insane the older they get. I blame their father. (I'm just sayin') So for Halloween 2008 this was what we had going on.

Emma was Caitlyn J. Turner. Enough said. Girlfriend worked the facial expressions AND the tambourine! It was magic. I felt like Cait had flown in all the way from Australia just to be with us tonight. (I don't think they trick or treat in their culture though) And Caitlyn.... Emma wanted me to tell you.... "you're welcome."

Abigail was the Bride of Frankenstein. So adorable! She had the crazy hair going on, the black lipstick. She even tried a few scary faces on for size. Priceless!

Samuel was Indiana Jones.... SHOCKER! So he basically wore exactly what he wears every other day (and YES, he carries a whip around most days). But he felt amazing! More amazing than usual! Yay for Sam!

Lily Kate was.....................wait for it.............wait for it....................Helen Keller. Yes, you read that right. Helen Keller. How in the heck do you come up with that one? The child is obsessed with Helen Keller. So we did our best to come up with the costume that she wanted. Which basically, her biggest concern was that she HAD to have an apron and she most definitely could not get into character without her weave in. So, we managed to make it happen for her. Then we had the joy of taking her out in public so she could attempt to trick or treat while acting both deaf and blind in public. Only motioning and signing for candy. The girl is hardcore. If you could have seen the expressions on peoples faces as we explained who she was and what she was doing. There are no words. No words.

I sit here now though... still laughing and just so incredibly grateful for the amazing gifts that God has given me in each of my children. They are all so different, so unique, and they bring me so much joy. I was just telling Steve last night that the older I get the faster time goes by. I hate the thought of them growing up so quickly. But I also can't wait to look back on this day with them, ten years from now, and laugh until ALL of our stomachs hurt! Good times!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you for blogging only hours after the action occurred! Your kids are amazing. They are a trip and come up with some crazy ideas. They were all so cute in their costumes. Lily out does herself every year somehow.
Now you get to live with them hyped up on candy for the next month and a half.....Ahhh as I sit in this perfectly quiet room.....Be jealous....





Actually...............


I'm lonely....Can I come over? haha

Nicholle said...

Oh my gosh!! This had me laughing so hard. I read it out loud to everyone in the van on our way to Disney.

I am so glad you are back!! I love love reading hour blog!!

Florida is so pretty and green!!

Love you!!

Gena said...

I'm not sure Steve is the only one responsible for the insanity (NOW, I'M JUST SAYIN!)

We miss you guys so much. Love you.

Stephanie Karnes said...

I am cracking up!! Great costumes...Helen Keller!! AWESOME!! Your kids are hilarious!! So glad you are back in to blogging again. :)

Unknown said...

Great times... And great kids!!!!

Can't wait to hear about the last couple weeks...

Anonymous said...

First of all, it's about time.

This brought me so much joy. I wish I had been there. Your kids bring glory to the Kiefer name.

Anonymous said...

I'm speechless.

Natalie said...

I am FLOORED that Lily wanted to be Helen Keller!!! I can't handle the fact that I missed her at the harvest festival! Please tell me you recorded her trick-or-treating blind/deaf!
I had to share Helen Keller with both Bart & Ligia! I cannot wait to see what she is next year!

Life of Liss said...

They are so cute, and we love and miss them.

Much Love

Shan-Marie said...

Okay, I won't give you a hard time anymore (for now), you made up for the slack in your blog. I loved reading it! Hilarious! I love the pictures.

jeramy sossaman said...

excellent costume ideas! best of the year.

Anonymous said...

Shock, Outrage, Humiliation, Disgrace, Embarrassment…way to make the Kiefer legacy PROUD!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Michelle, You said you would do it! No stalking today!